Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

An EV future awaits. How electric vehicles are the future of more than just the logistics industry. 

Gearing up for a zero-emission mission in India, the focus is on funding every innovation and idea that builds toward electric mobility. The NITI aayog predicts electric vehicles will take over by 80% in two and three-wheelers, 40% in buses and 30-70% of cars by 2030. 

In 2021, the rising demand for EVs saw a significant incline which led organisations toward green cars as a fleet option due to broad choices and plenty of attractive benefits. 

Silent EV Charge 

Initially, EVs were considered an unfeasible option due to the high cost of vehicles, fewer options, low range, low speed and lesser known environmental benefits that were almost negligible for buyers. These aspects weighed heavily in the mind of the consumers during a run-down purchase. 

With a closer look at the fluctuating petrol prices in the market, EVs are the most cost-effective and economical for delivery executives and fleet owners of the industry. Skipping gas stations and petrol prices says enough about EVs paying for themselves in the long run. 

The eco-friendly nature of EVs is creating an evolution through environmentally friendly emissions compared to gas-powered vehicles. The EV industry is building toward a new shift in the philosophy of eco-friendly manufacturing.

Lowering CO2 intensity in power generation is necessary to impose high EV deployment combined with rapid decarbonisation of electricity generation. Electric vehicles can actively increase electricity demand by reducing greenhouse gas emissions and fossil fuel consumption.

With little to no maintenance, EVs have easy maintenance with low cost and fewer parts that require repair or replacement. Another factor Oil, a dominant energy source in the market for logistics, will not be needed in EVs for frequent engine oil changes. With better benefits of cleaner transportation, increased demand for electric vehicles will reduce the rising demand for millions of oil barrels in the future. 

The simple and efficient driving experience of Electric Vehicles gives a calm, convenient, safe and noise-free ride without the complications of controls and gears. Just accelerate, brake and steer. The efficiency of a combustion engine is around 40%, whereas heat and friction amount for the remaining 60%. Combustion engines consume only 40% of the fuel energy put into motion. 

On the other hand, an electric motor is 90% efficient, leading to better and more efficient battery energy usage. With a blink of an eye, transforming into a generator, an electric motor recovers kinetic energy in a swift motion. 

Instead of fossil fuels such as petrol and diesel, electric vehicles charge up with electricity. The rising number of EV battery charging stations makes it easy for EV owners to charge batteries of their two-wheeler/three-wheeler without waiting in long queues at the petrol pump or CNG station. Today, easily available charging equipment helps EV owners recharge batteries at home hassle-free. 

The no carbon tax on electricity works favourably for EVs through factors of cost per mile to operate compared to a car using gasoline. Setting carbon prices in the transport sector can help customers choose fuel-efficient vehicles successfully. The additional carbon price measure can revive the economy by driving market demand and raising the speed of electric vehicle adoption. 

The Indian government through two phases of FAME or faster adoption and manufacturing of hybrid and electric vehicle schemes is improving the infrastructure for electric vehicle manufacturing. Oil Marketing Companies across the nation plan to set up 22,000 EV charging stations. 

The industry looks to achieve innovative ways to decarbonise the transportation sector in the most sustainable way to meet the surging demand for power. The total power demand in the country is expected to grow by 80% in the coming ten years. To make this work, the government needs to scale investments in infrastructure by funding innovations and ideas that will push the zero-emission mission. 

With functionality and infrastructure, the benefits of owning an electric vehicle can work in your favour this year. With the right push from manufacturing companies to move from traditional to electric vehicles, electric vehicles are the future! 

An EV Future Awaits. Go Electric!

Leave a comment

Go To Top